Wednesday, January 17, 2024

Project 365, Week 2

In some ways it was the ordinariest of weeks, in other ways it was anything but. It is all grace.

January 8
The morning after a storm is often extra sparkly and enchanting.


January 9
It was Procedure Day. I'd already worked out my fears and feeling and I had so much peace this day. It was nice that we were able to leave after the kids had left for school so we could say goodbye.


Once we arrived at the hospital, they took us right in. I'm an actual professional patient. While the experience has come at a cost, it is also so nice to not be a rookie. I know the things to go along with because its the way it is and I know what things I can push back on because someone is being lazy or is unfamiliar with their job.

It was a super long, emotionally grueling day for those who love and care about me, but for me it was a blissfully extended nap.


The kids were invited to Taco Tuesday, which helped distract them for a couple hours.


January 10
I laid very low this day, but was amazed and grateful for how good I felt.


January 11
Ginger has different places throughout the house, depending on time of day. In the morning, she likes to watch the cars and the walkers and the school bus. I think its funny, too how she drapes her paw over the step.


January 12
TBQ and the partial phone stack.


January 13
Amanda and Aiden had the day open, so they came to the office to help set up and clean up. I sent Avery this picture of people busily working at her desk. :)


We went to the dump and tossed old dehumidifiers, water coolers, etc. There was a couple next to us unloading their pickup and when they were done, she declared, to no one in particular, "Yeehaw! I feel SO much better!" Clearly she and I were meant to be friends. I have done so many dump loads in my life and it has to be Top 20 best feelings to be rid of whatever the load is, forever. I have high-fived at the dump but never yeehawed. Maybe it needs to be a thing.



Our stream was flowing good with all the rain we've had.



Jack was so sweet to bring Avery flowers AND some for me, too. Beautiful!


Our church held a Family Fun Day for a couple hours. It was winter-themed, with games, raffles, crafts and hot chocolate and places to sit and chat. Amanda and I were the only part of out family there and she helped her cousins oversee the game room. It was a really fun time!






January 14
After church I walked and it was the first time in quite a while that I ventured out of our neighborhood. I paused to celebrate the win.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.