Friday, January 26, 2024

Project 365, Week 3

Birthdays, snow days and everyday life days. 

January 15
My birthday. :)

Amy brought tea to the office and we sat in the sun rays in my office.


The kids were off of school and had time so I asked them to take down the last of the Christmas decorations. Our main tree goes into what we affectionately refer to as the "body bag".


We went out to my favorite restaurant and then back home for the pretty cake Amanda made.


I thought I'd have lots of feelings surrounding the day, but it was mostly just gratitude. How can it be that I am loved, that I am cared for, that all these 49 years have lead such a charmed life? How can it be that I've been given a purpose and have been gifted another day? And also, how can it be this hard?

From His fullness, we have received grace upon grace. John 1:16



January 16
It was cold and snowy outside so when I turned on my computer at work, I sucked in my breath at this scene. I was desperately wishing I could take a stroll down that path with as much quiet as nature allows.


The two youth pastors in our church each just had a baby, three weeks apart. After remote school was done, the girls and I went to visit one of the babies. Avery is living her dream with this recent baby boom!



January 17
Ice! With the sun shining it was stunning. Avery caught a beautiful scene from the bottom of our driveway.



January 18
Boys and dogs.


January 19
Boys and flames.


My favorite singer on the left. :)

January 20
Avery had work all day, but we asked the other two for some time to help reign in the basement, mostly taking the piles of Christmas decorations that had been dumped and putting them on their shelves. We also made another trip to the dump, there was no 'yeehaw' involved though.



It worked to go to Nathanael's hockey game and, with less than a minute left, he scored!


January 21
Avery is working two jobs and starting a new full-time semester of college. She's got a lot of other things going on as well and so she's trying to be deliberate with her time. She sat down in the sun with a cup of team and a cute notebook and mapped out her week. 


Dinner out on short notice and it was lovely.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.