Thursday, February 15, 2024

Project 365, Week 6

We're working our way through February, which has actually been mild. Lots of time at the office and too much time away from home, but I turn my heart toward thankfulness for the ordinariness of going to work each day.

February 5
Aiden's alarm goes off at 5:30 and he is often the first one up. He starts his morning with coffee and is working through the Bible-in-a-year plan.

I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth. III John 1:4


February 6
Such a beautiful morning!


February 7
The sunset at the office was special.


February 8
We completed some trainings and paperwork and the social worker came out to do our re-licensing for foster care. I don't know what we'll do with it, but I'm not ready to let it go. At the very least, if something ever changed in Dakota's situation I want to be first in line to take him.


My niece had her senior night. She has been homeschooled and their town has been great about allowing her and her siblings to participate in extra-curricular activities at the middle/high school. My dad has been her loyal fan all season but he was out of state so Amy, Kiki and I drove out to her game even though we knew she wouldn't play because she'd hurt her ankle. It was fun to be a part of it and so crazy that the '06ers are wrapping up high school years shortly.


February 9
Amanda and Aiden went to Snow Camp in New York for the weekend with a group from church. A couple parents shared the drop off/pick up duties. 



February 10
The winter sun comes through the house at the most pleasant angles.


February 11
Camp wrapped up and the kids got home around 5. We were excited to hear all about their time but they rated it "meh" or maybe even under that. The food was great though, which Aiden never says. :)



While the house was quiet I grilled for the first time of the season and enjoyed the hints of spring.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.