Wednesday, February 28, 2024

Project 365, Week 7

It was a classic wintery week with a little celebration and a little hibernation.

February 12
Fun treats. :)


February 13
A snow day, with a foot of snow and so, so pretty!


I know it was a foot, because Avery went out with a ruler to measure. Its a mystery how genetics work, but I see so much of my dad in her.



Sweet boy made sure I had a path to the hot tub.



February 14
A few weeks back we took some photos for our annual Valentine's card. It was a challenge to get everyone together so finally I offered the kids a pass, thinking now that they are so old, we could end the tradition. They wouldn't hear of it, believing our family would be anticipating their card. It was very sweet. 

I love this crew and all their big-ness.





In addition to Valentines's Day, it was also the first day of Lent. Lent is a time to mourn so we can find deeper joy. A time for us to see our need for Jesus, to cling to the hope of the gospel. Its not my favorite thing to take a deep, honest look at my sin, to confront the depravity of my heart but it allows me to see the cross more clearly and to stand amazed at the work that was done.


AND Valentine's Day ! Avery and I were festive at the office. :)


The kids all went to Mid Week for the evening so Shaun offered to take me out after work but I was so tired and hurting. So he picked up take out and we ate out of brown paper bags at the kitchen counter and then watched a movie and it was just right.


February 15
My sticky note about putting gym equipment back when you're done has gone unheeded.


February 16
I was enjoying the bouquet of flowers Jack gave Avery.


We're in a different practice space for TBQ and its our best spot yet.


February 17
We had a TBQ meet on our home turf, so we had lots of familiar people helping.











It was funny to look out the window and see bathing suits and snow pants, side-by-side. 



Shaun sent me a picture of Aiden taking the field for the first time since early October. Aiden was very excited to be back (so were we!)


February 18
It was a special day for Maddy and Mason as they dedicated Ezra and Mason preached.



What a difference community makes! Even without getting too deep into the family tree, Ezra has dozens of family members who would happily and willingly take her and give her a loving, safe home if needed.  Additionally there are many church families who would do the same. 

Kids go into foster care when the parent runs into trouble and the state asks, do you have a family member, a neighbor who can care for your child for some time and the answer is no. The lack is something to be mindful of, and when you have abundance, its something to be thankful for.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.