Saturday, April 18, 2009

Are You Ready?

This morning we got word that one of our tenants was killed on his motorcycle last night. He was in his twenties.

The first thought that struck me was to wonder how our lives impacted him over the last six years or so that he's been renting from us. Our dealings with him and his girlfriend were always fair and amicable, but did we ever stop and ask him where he would spend eternity?

I don't know for sure if he had put his faith in God. I wish I'd taken the time to at least be clear with him that he had a choice of Heaven or Hell.

God gave us all a free will and every person makes their own choices. You have a choice.

The benefits of living life for God are sweet, daily blessings of peace and joy and fulfillment and so much more, but to be honest, the bottom line for me is that those I love and come into contact with go to Heaven...that none would perish, but have eternal life.

What am I here for? Why are you here? Where will you go when you are 100 and you die in your sleep? Where will you go when you are 30 and a drunk driver hits you out of nowhere? It is very presumptuous and prideful for me to think I will be around to see tomorrow...its just not guaranteed.

God's simple plan of salvation is: You are a sinner. Therefore, unless you believe on Jesus who died in your place, you will spend eternity in Hell. If you believe on him as your crucified, buried, and risen Saviour, you receive forgiveness for all of your sins and his gift of eternal salvation by faith.

It is a gift. Not something you can earn. It is free and waiting for you to accept.

Please do it today. You may not have tomorrow.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for your words. I would let you know, that I´m a Christan, and I believe in God.

    Here, where I live I make Sunday School with the kids of our village!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you have the opportunity to minister to the girlfriend and/or family. Very sad. Will pray for them. Thank you for sharing your heart and for presenting the challenge we all need to keep at the forefront.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so sobering...wow. I am praying for his family now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa, I was in the traffic right behind this accident...it was gruesome and extremely sobering. I am sure you made an impact on him...God's grace and love are very real and very evident in all you and Shaun do. Your words are so eloquent and serve as a great reminder that we aren't promised tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.