Sunday, August 1, 2010

Project 365, Week 31

Its times like this when I am thankful for Project 365.  I have time, but am choosing to spend it in other ways than blogging here (an important distinction to me, 'cause we all have time...sorry...tangent...) and actually I miss it and hope to get back to more than once or twice a week, but for now I'll just be happy that 365 is built in to the week so I'm not missing too much.

We tried to take advantage of the amazing weather we've been having and summer fun for the kids means getting in water somewhere....most days we were able to accomplish it.

July 24
Saturday didn't make it into last week's post so its here.  One of the reasons I've been busy!  Nick and Katie asked me to document their marriage celebration and I had such fun doing it.  1100 pictures later and I feel like I was able to capture the essence of the day.


July 25
We went to a pool party for Gabby's birthday.  Poor Avery and Amanda had no fun at all.
This is her from the day before...isn't she sweet?

July 26
Love the early summer mornings when the day is new, the world is quiet and the sun is streaming in on my front porch.  This is my view each morning...hot coffee on one side, trusty dog on the other.
July 27
We went to Pop and Kiki's house to use the slip-n-slide.  Is that not the coolest?  I have lots of fun pictures I'll try to post this week.  Aiden was happy just being held...see him holding on?

July 28
We went to watch Sienna play softball, but really we were just interested in seeing her and cousin Alayna. ;)
July 29
First fruits!  Amazingly, our two tomato plants have grown and are starting to ripen.  The girls and I were quite excited about it.
July 30
The evening was beautiful so we went to Grammy's house for a dip in the lake.  Little Roo did quite a bit of walking while we were there.

July 31
I'll post the picture from today when I get it from someone else, but I do have a video of our little Amanda-girl who is getting way too big.  Her poor daddy was so proud of her accomplishments and at the same time saddened that she'd gained a new level of independence from him.  Ah...the journey of parenting.

9 comments:

  1. these are great pictures this week. I can't imagine having coffee on my porch in the morning right now....even early it is HOT!!

    Love the video of amanda! Those steps are so exciting and sad at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you are having a fun filled summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sara is right, coffee on her porch early in the morning is HOT! I was there and i tried it...no no no, too hot in Arkansas. :) I love the video, Amanda is swimming so good! great photos of summer fun at your place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Boy she does swim well! Looks like your summer has been packed with fun! Thanks for sharing your week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great week. Beautiful wedding photo and fun pool party! Loved seeing all of those sweet faces! Love your porch picture as well

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great week. You are one busy mama. Love the slip n slide... too fun! And lil' Amanda jumping off the diving board? Wow. They 'do' grow up too fast.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A wedding?! How fun! You should share more of those fantastic photos!

    Pool parties are such a fun summer event!

    Your morning view looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What fun pics! 1100 pictures and you only showed 1, now that is restraint!
    All of the water looks super fun!
    All I can say about your porch picture is, Ahhh! That looks so peaceful. Love it!
    Have a super week!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun summery pictures. I need to take a break myself, but I've been finding it hard to MAKE that break.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.