Sunday, August 15, 2010

Project 365, Week 33

Another week without Shaun, this time it was literally 48 hours that he was gone, working across the state on his sister's deck.  We really missed him since it was on the heels of two weeks of 14 hour work days, but a mid-afternoon homecoming is also sweet. *wink*

Aiden has started walking and I am reminded again just how much it ages them when they get upright.  He's loving the use of two hands and he seems to be joining in with his sisters even more now.

You'll notice there are quite a few outdoor pictures...we are out as much as possible, trying to soak up all the summer we can!

August 8
A break in the action to watch the ice-cream truck go by.
August 9
I took the kids to the park on a beautiful evening then we went to check on Shaun.  The girls found a stash of beads at the apartment that they like to play with.
August 10
Unfortunately for my mom, but fortunately for us, there have been several snags with the sale of their lake house.  So...we continue to take advantage of it.  My mom...always neck deep in the water with the kids as long as they want...laughing and having the time of her life.
I was trying to achieve motion blur here but I like the look of freezing action better.  Avery thinks that as long as her palms are together and fingers pointed that she is diving.  That's about how my dives look, too.
August 11
Sometimes I feel bad that we live on a city lot and don't have a better place for the kids to play, but they usually don't have much trouble....clearly.
Stories before afternoon rest time.  For the most part, the girls do a quiet rest time on their beds now, for an hour to an hour and a half.  They read and look at books.  Occasionally they fall asleep but not usually.
August 12
The library in the next town over has a playscape and much nicer librarians so sometimes its just worth the drive.
August 13
We went to visit Grandma and Great-Grandpa.  They read stories and colored and Aiden did a great job interacting with Great-Grandpa.  When you are 92 you are ever-mindful that you are holding your legacy.  I wonder what he hopes and dreams for Aiden when he looks at him.
August 14
My dad held a lawn concert at his church.  We arrived late so Amanda didn't get a chance to sing like she wanted, but we still had fun.  Just down the road they were having some festivities with the fire and water event.
And that's our week....how was yours?

5 comments:

  1. I love that they are watching the ice cream truck go by...but not running to it!!! it seems like the ice cream truck came through our neighborhood always right before dinner!

    bittersweet about the lake house. I know it is hard when the deals fall through, but look at these wonderful pictures and memories!!!

    wow, your grandfather doesn't look 92!! sweet, sweet picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the ice cream truck picture too. Our truck definitely comes right before dinner, like clockwork. That doesn't make much sense to me. I have the tune memorized - do your ears hang low, do they wobble to & fro... Heh.

    Avery dives like I always did - never did get the hang of it. Of course at her age I had tubes in my ears so I couldn't get them wet, so I was trying to learn later. Much harder!

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice job, Avery. She has gotten brave in the water.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the "STOP" in action and the intent look on all three faces for the ice cream truck...hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know what you mean about them librarians...lol...I am thankful our town library has great ones...the opposite experience is NO FUN... :o(

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.