Saturday, April 23, 2011

Project 365, Week 17

I'm feeling so incredibly blessed during this Easter season.  Each year, God's love for me feels more powerful and incomprehendable than the year before.  Today I spent a lot of time thinking about what the Saturday after Good Friday was like for the world.  Of course, we KNOW how the story ends.  So we spend the making final preparations for our Easter celebration because we know what Sunday will hold.  But they did not.  I can't imagine the hopelessness, the confusion, the wondering, the grief.  This Messiah who they'd waited for, believed in, worked for...loved, was dead and gone.  Can't even fathom it.  So, SO thankful I know how the story goes.  SO eternally (literally) grateful that I've made it MY story.

April 17
Since the kids were gone overnight, Shaun and I were able to go out to breakfast, completing an absolutely wonderful 15 or so hours birthday celebration for him.  Then we went to the store and made a purchase that in one week has been worth the money.  A wireless containment system for the dog.  No wires, just a small device in our house transmitting with this red collar.  If he attempts to go beyond a pre-determined (by us) area, he gets a warning beep and then if he continues, gets zapped.  Its done a wonderful job of keeping him in the yard. :)

April 18
My three siblings and I plus our 15 kids met at my mom's for Easter egg decorating and hunting.  What a crew!  Instead of filling the eggs with candy we filled them with money and the kids found over $70 that will be going to Kitchen of Love ministry in Guatemala, which feeds children who would otherwise go without.

April 19
No picture.  Shaun went in to the office for a bit in the morning and then he and Amanda went to the office lunch party, celebrating THE END of tax season...til next year.  Soooo happy to have Daddy back.

April 20
Just me and the two boys while Shaun and the girls did four performances this week.  It was fun getting that one-on-one time with Aiden.
April 21
The woodstove was off for several days.  On this day the house was in the low 50s so Avery took her nap wearing my sweatshirt.  When is Spring??
 April 22
Good Friday.  I went to see the final performance.  It was amazing and I was so proud of all my family who were involved in it.  SO much love and hard work went into it and it was simply incredible.  Aiden was so pleased to deliver these flowers to his sisters and they were completely tickled to get them from him. SWEETness!
April 23
Since we go to the Saturday night service, we started Easter a little early.  AND, we got in a family portrait that I'm trying to do monthly.  We're two for two...nice!  Love these people more than life.
Linking up with Sara this week.  Happy Easter!

9 comments:

  1. The girls with their flowers are adorable and that is an awesome family portrait :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great family picture!

    That is a lot of kids. Reminds me of Easter at my grandparents house when I was a kid!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lisa -
    The collar for Trot is great. Our neighbors have two labs and 4 acres, they have a nice space to run in but don't have to worry about running away.

    Glad the performances went well.

    Love the family pic.

    Easter Blessings to you and your family !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great pictures. looks like a fun Easter week for your family. love the family photo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved all the family pictures. The girls were so pretty in their finery. You all are a nice looking family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just loved the picture of all the cousins and how one of the older cousins has his arm around Amanda...so very sweet!

    Your family picture is beauitful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a great family picture. I think I'll try that too - I just have to add Dr. M to the State of the Bug. Wonder if he'd go for it?

    My brother's family has a wireless setup for their dogs - it really is a lifesaver - literally, since they live just off a very busy road.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are all great, but that's a fantastic pic of your family!

    Have a good week,
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful week and a beautiful fam pic! The girls with their smiles and flowers is pure sweetness! And what a great Easter egg hunt

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.