Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Extravagant Love

In the midst of all the busyness the last couple weeks, or life in general I guess, I have felt God speaking so sweetly to me.  Nothing I deserve but I'm soaking it in all the same.

This morning it was that His love for me is extravagant.  Extravagant.   Usually when I hear that word I think "waste".  As in, waste of money, waste of an investment of time.  When I hear "It was an extravagant affair...they pulled out all the stops", my mind immediately goes to the faces of hungry children all around the world.  Or I begin to wonder how many wells could have been dug if something had just been "nice" and not extravagant.

But when God is talking about His love for me.  Me...it knocks me to my knees.



I'll make a list of God's gracious dealings, all the things God has done that need praising, All the generous bounties of God, his great goodness to the family of Israel— Compassion lavished, love extravagant. 
He said, "Without question these are my people, children who would never betray me." So he became their Savior.
 In all their troubles, he was troubled, too. He didn't send someone else to help them. He did it himself, in person. Out of his own love and pity he redeemed them. He rescued them and carried them along for a long, long time. 
 Isaiah 63:7

1 comment:

  1. beautiful!!! and wonderful!

    I just started studying Isaiah in Precepts this week...I have looked forward to it ALL summer!!

    extravagant, intimate....so blessed!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.