Wednesday, December 28, 2011

The Nutcracker

We squeezed in another season of The Nutcracker.  This was Avery's fourth time performing in the ballet.  She's been a Flower Fairy, a Spice Drop, a Lamb and this year a Gingerbread Girl.

The ballet company put on six performances over two weekends and Avery's Cast did both Sunday afternoons.  For the first one just Aiden and I were there to watch since Shaun and Amanda were at dress rehearsal for our church production.  

After her first performance, we were in the car chatting, and I was telling her how proud I was and how it was amazing that she's already a big Gingerbread Girl.  I got choked up as I was telling her about the first time I went to the Connecticut Concert Ballet performance:

I was working on a Saturday morning and Shaun called me at the bank to tell me he had a surprise for me when I got home.  He had tickets for that afternoon to see The Nutcracker.  I was three months pregnant and remember so clearly during intermission talking with Shaun about our future baby.  What if its a girl?  Will we put her in ballet?  Will she ever be up there on the stage dancing just like these other adorable children?

Lo and behold, we did indeed have a girl and when she was four we switched ballet schools, specifically so she could be involved in this Nutcracker.  Now, to see her up there just a few short years  later is quite something.  She did so good!













 New this year...she was part of the grand finale, blowing kisses.  :)
Aiden sat through both performances, watching with rapt attention and clapping every time it was appropriate.  So, so sweet.  After the show he was excited to present her with flowers.



On the second performance she also had her sister, daddy, grandparents, aunties and cousins there, too. They were all so enthusiastic and supportive.  She's a blessed little girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.