Sunday, March 25, 2012

Project 365, Week 12

I've got to say, this is one of the stranger weeks I can think of.  Much of it felt like an out-of-body experience, as if I was floating around watching someone impersonating me go about her business, but doing things I would never do or didn't think I could do.  Strange.

We are also in full swing with The Passion of the King rehearsals.  Shaun spent most of his free mornings and evenings up at church, usually with a kid or three....we are quickly closing in on opening night!

March 18
The weather has just been extraordinary...so very wonderful!  Aiden woke up at 1 PM after sleeping for 16 hours...once he'd had brunch, we walked to the river to give Trot his first swim of the season.  Its what a boy and a dog were meant to do.
 March 19
Shaun had been driving around town and noticed the town street sweepers were making the rounds, so Amanda and I got to work...sweeping the sidewalk, sweeping the driveway.  It was hot enough that we worked up a good sweat.



March 20
Shaun and I drove to Hartford to meet our first foster child.  It was very strange thing walking up to the door of this facility but the meeting went great!
While we were at the orphanage, the kids were home getting spoiled by Grammy.
I dropped Avery off at dance and then went on our merry way playing at the next-door field.  An hour later when she came out she said, Mom, today was Parents Day!  Not for the first time, I totally forgot about Avery's once-every-six-months Parent Observation day.  Instead, I spent the hour throwing the ball with the dumb dog and hiking with Amanda and Aiden.

Immediately my heart sank and I began kicking myself and apologizing to her....I felt so bad, especially since I was right there.  That night as we were praying she asked God to help me not feel bad that I missed her dance class.  So sweet.

Doing his exercises.
March 21
ER with my little guy.
March 22
The girls made decorations for their auntie's baby shower.
March 23
Love these two.  Make-up and hospital bands and all.
 When Shaun got home from work we walked/biked/strollered to the river.


March 24
We threw a "Meet Renna" party...my sister was very surprised!  It was a lovely day and she got some great (girl!!) stuff.
While I was there Shaun was being super dad/super play-technical-crew guy/dance class taxi driver.  

We met up and the five of us went to pick up our soon-to-be foster son/brother.  We played at a nearby park and got to know each other a little better.
 Two other boys challenged Shaun and Z to a pick up game.  Oh, how I love that man!
Shaun asked the kids where they thought we should take Z for dinner.  CEC got suggested immediately and suddenly we had four kids in the back chanting CEC, CEC....so we bonded over tokens and tickets.  :)
Lots more on everything that's developed soon now that it seems like it'll be a done deal....stay tuned!

4 comments:

  1. The last shot made me weepy. So, so sweet. Can't wait to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like everyone was having a great time with Z including him.

    I just can't tell you how this warms heart. Z will be blessed to be in such a loving, caring and warm home. Just love the last picture of all 4 of them.

    Prays will be continued.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just going to write the same thing my sister did, until I saw her post...so DITTO! My heart is so happy reading/seeing this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow it's really happening! So exciting - and now that there's a PERSON right there in front of us it's an amazing thing. You're going to make such a difference in his life. And he in yours. Can't wait to take the journey with you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.