Sunday, March 11, 2012

Project 365, Week 10

It was a week of celebration as we added another member to our extended family.  Plus, we had some nice warm days and that always makes things better.

March 4
Sunday was a not-fun day but we got a lot of undesirable projects accomplished.  Right after breakfast we set up shop in my office doing taxes.  Ours are on the complicated end of the spectrum and every year its a huge pain...always scouring for hidden receipts to whittle down the amount we owe.

 We didn't work Avery the entire day.  :)
 Later in the evening we tackled one of the few closets in this house.  It previously stored photos, books and videos.  Now its mostly empty in anticipation of a child needing to use it as a clothes closet.

Our closets are small and few but after cleaning this one out, I was kind of glad we don't have many.  Could get dangerous!
March 5
For the first time we used our community pool, which has a couple open-to-the-public hours each week.  The kids were delighted and I had a good time splashing around, too.
 March 6
Baby day!!  Miss Renna Marie was born at 10 am.  She makes the 16th grandchild for my parents...from just four kids.  Not a bad return on their investment.  :)

In between voice lessons and ballet lessons, I brought the kids to the hospital so they could meet her.  Renna has been the topic of MANY a conversation around her this week.
 March 7
SUCH a lovely day.  Its a highlight everyday to pick up Avery from school.
 March 8
The kids were working on building a fort in the back of our carriage house.
March 9
Avery quit biting her nails so I promised her we could go get our nails done.  We went to a place right next door to Shaun's work so he was able to join us for a few minutes.  The manicure was ok but my favorite part was watching Avery have such a good time and watching Shaun be completely delighted to do this for his girls.

March 10
The kids and Pop collected sap from his trees and made maple syrup.
Hope your week is splendid!!

3 comments:

  1. Something about that last pic...not sure if it's Avery and Amanda's outfits or what but they look SO old!! Sweet little women!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please tell Avery I stopped biting myt nails too. Isn't that terrible for someone who is 49. I have been wearing polish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All your pics were fun (baby!), but I LOVE that picture of Avery helping with the taxes :) I'm sure Mike would have appreciated her help when he did our taxes. I mostly just staying out of his way - ha!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.