Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day!

Happy Valentine's Day!

Today I'm a mixed bag of raw emotions...lots going on. 

In my mind I picture this day being romantic and free from the cares of this world, but then I remember that there is court and social worker visits and work til 8 and basketball practice...and I remember I live IN this world and even the Bible tells me in this world I will have trouble.  

God and I have spent some messy, real time together in the last 14 hours.  I love the verse He gave me this morning:

Commit your way to the Lord [roll and repose each of your load on Him]; trust (lean on, rely on, and be confident) also in Him and He will bring it to pass.

Want to join me in laying down your expectations for this day?

I choose to not make this day a list of things my hard-working husband needs to do to make me happy. I will not keep a mental list of things he needs to do to fulfill his duty to me on this day of love.

I choose to not make this day all about being that Pinterest Mom.  I'm not a make-them-a two-toned-red-and-pink-heart-shaped-pancakes-for-breakfast kind of person.  I do know ways to show them love and I'm going to make that okay in my head.

Praying you will feel God's love today and that you have someone to share that love with.  Happy LOVE day!









6 comments:

  1. Happy "Love" Day back at ya!!! I have that bible verse in my office. When I feel that feeling of - WOW I can't do it today I look over and read that. What a comfort. Blessings to you today my friend.
    As always, the kiddos are just too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy love day!
    I'm loving these pictures - I am going to think of these four as my little Valentine's today :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry. :( BUT....I LOVE that chair. When / where is that from?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ditto to Amy!! (I almost gasped when I saw it!) Also, sorry for your current difficulties - will join you in prayers. And thank you for your testimony - your faith, your family, and your love. Those sweet faces (and their big hearts!) reflect all that you pour into them every single day!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry for the rough time you are having...praying for you!!!! loved these pics! Adorable! Happy Valentines Day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.