Sunday, February 17, 2013

Project 365, Week 7

I'm not even sure where to begin describing this week.  When I pulled up the pictures for the week, I said to myself, that is NOT what happened, which I guess means they do not really reflect the way I remember the week.

It was Shaun wrapping up the busy part of tax season (finally, he has today off!) and it was lots of the not fun parts of foster care.  A friend texted me, Are you in court today?  and when I read it, I thought, sheesh...is this really my life right now??  I can honestly say I never in my life thought I'd be in court for anything ever.  God has such a sense of humor.

Well, here's our week as it got recorded in photos.

February 10
Lots of snow to play in!

February 11
Lots of snow to shovel!  The kids had another snow day, so I wrote a list of all the things that needed to be accomplished, sat them down and gave them the game plan, and they worked like troopers.

We got soaked after shoveling one of the apartment sidewalks...in the rain.  BUT, we're still smiling.  :) 
February 12
Amanda is itching to wear this new dress, so I let her wear it around the house.  She danced and posed and was a princess for a time.

February 13
After some struggle, I finally admitted to myself that the homemade, non-candy Pinterest Valentines were just not going to happen.

The girls couldn't have been happier with the ready-made candy Valentines they picked thoughtfully picked out for their classmates...Avery was so excited to get to work addressing them all.
February 14
My mom came and watched Aiden and got the kids out of school while I spent the afternoon in court, mostly waiting and making small talk with Z's family.

At Avery's request, I made Shrimp Scampi for dinner and the kids and I ate in the dining room on china with candles.  We missed Shaun (who was working) and Aiden (who had a sleepover at Pop and Kiki's) but it was still fun.

While Z was at basketball practice and the girls were in bed, Shaun and I stood in the kitchen and dipped strawberries in chocolate while we talked.  Romance re-defined!  :)
February 15
With Aiden gone and the kids at school, we went down the street for a breakfast date before Shaun had to be at work.  We're laughing here because the first picture came out....
....like this.  :)
February 16
Because our day was full, I switched Avery's basketball time to fit with Amanda's.  Because there were so few kids, they got to guard each other for much of the game.  Both came out red and sweaty at the end.  :)

Amanda cried because her team lost, "cause the coach gave that kid a free shot at the end".
From basketball, we were off to church so Z could audition for the part of Isaac in the Passion.

Amanda so sweetly dressed like me, so we got a picture of the twins.  After it was taken she checked it and didn't like her bangs, so....
 ....after a quick slick-back, we got a good one.  :)
From there, we went to Z's one and only playoff game.  Up next....baseball!

1 comment:

  1. That dress Amanda is wearing is lovely! I don't blame her for wanting to go ahead & wear it.

    Love the flag picture - and the laughing one that came after :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.