Thursday, February 7, 2013

The House Story, Part II

We spent that evening feeling kind of bummed that we'd missed our chance and someone else was going to live in "our" house.

But honestly, the next day I was totally at peace with it.  We weren't looking for a house to begin with, at least not one for our family to live in, so that made it easy to trust that God was in it all.

Initially I had felt that God had put the property in our laps, but when we discovered someone else had the contract, I figured God must have been protecting us from something or maybe He had something even better for us down the road and had just wanted to start preparing us.

Either way, I was more than happy to give Him the control of it....I've learned (through trial and error) that the very best place to be is in God's will.

More than a week went by and I had completely let it go...moved on.  If you've noticed, there's not a whole lot of sitting around here, so the limited time I'd spent dreaming, talking with Shaun, pinning was quickly filled back up with other things.

Some pinning/dreaming I did...




On the 11th, Shaun took me out to dinner for an early birthday celebration.  It was raining, so he dropped me off at the door and when he came walking in he was carrying his briefcase and wearing a huge mischievous grin.

What are you up to??

He just smiled.

What did you do...buy a car?  A house?

Once we were settled at the table, he handed me an H&R Block folder and said Happy Birthday!

At first I thought he'd finished doing our taxes, which I was thrilled about, because it was only January 11th and he'd hardly bugged me for any information...sweet!

But then I opened it and saw it was an official offer on the house....from him!

What?!?  But I thought....what about the other contract?  I thought it was gone.

He just continued to smile and shrugged his shoulders.  He'd done some research and realized the price drop we'd been expecting before Christmas had happened after the other contract had been put into place.  Didn't make any sense for that price adjustment to happen if there was a contract.

Shaun got in touch with the realtor, who was dumbfounded.  Upon further investigation, it was discovered there was no record of any contract, no record of any offers.  Ours was the only one!

To be continued....


4 comments:

  1. Ooh....

    And, yes yes to your dreaming up there - sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A birthday you will never forget!!!
    Keep pining your ideas girl :)

    So excited for all of you.

    Can't wait to hear more !!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.