Sunday, February 10, 2013

Project 365, Week 6

By now you've all heard about or been affected by the SNOW!  So. Much. Snow!  Its a tough way to get downtime, but I'm so grateful for these couple days my car has not left the driveway....we are all recharging and regrouping.

February 3
The kids and I went to the second service at church, which starts at 11:15...so strange to me why that service of the three would appeal to anyone smack in the middle of the day, but clearly I'm in the minority...its by far the most attended service.
Passion of the King rehearsals have begun!  Avery was SO happy "her" baby James was there...his mommy is so easy going about Avery holding him....so sweet!
Amanda and Z went across the street for a little one on one.  What...YOU don't play basketball in your bathrobe??
February 4
Aiden took a pretty cool picture at swim lessons.

February 5
This is terrible quality, but I love the real life about it.  Z's clean clothes are in the background drying...the woodstove can dry a wet pair of jeans in a matter of hours, plus it moisturizes the air.

Avery is playing with her doll and I love it when she does this (usually when Z is not here).

Amanda, bless her heart, is fairly self-conscious about her bangs and at this stage in the growing out process, and she has taken to slicking them to the side...with her spit.  That's her licking her hand in preparation.

Ah...real life!  :)
A rare "craft time" at our house.
February 6
I like this picture Aiden took because I can tell he's sitting on my lap.  He is so good about sitting quietly while we listen to a foster mom talk about how her charge was arrested for shoplifting last night and talks on the phone too loud and uses too much bar soap.  Gotta love "support" group meetings.

 Z came home begging, can we PLEASE go to the science fair at my school tonight.  Please??

(Thinking, do you mean this one little night of the entire week that we get to be HOME??)  Okay, as long as rooms are clean, homework is done and dinner is eaten by the time we have to leave.

It ended up being a fun night for all the kids...lots of hands-on experiments....a favorite was making Slimy Goo in varying colors.
 February 7
Love my time home with this little guy SO much.  He simply could not be any sweeter.
 We snuck in a trip to the library in preparation for the storm.  The kids were playing with others and when I came around the corner, I was surprised to see Aiden wielding a pencil sword at another little girl I am a mighty warrior of God and I will fight you!   Too many action Bible stories...so much for sweet!  :)


February 8
Our neighbors invited us to breakfast and we enjoyed a leisurely time watching the snow come down as we caught up.
 Wild, blizzary night out.
About 9 PM Shaun decided he needed to go out to plow, round #1.  Aiden's been itching to go with him, so, with hot chocolate in hand, they were off!
 February 9
SNOW!  K joined us the night before, the respite girl we enjoy having whenever it storms.  We played and shoveled, shoveled and played.

More to come on Storm Nemo!

4 comments:

  1. A great "real life" post. Ewww to slicking bangs with spit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the flag flying sideways, and the kids out in the snow - they look pretty happy. Well, except for K - who knows what's going on behind that scarf? Ha!

    I used to chew on the ends of my hair so I can't really say anything about Amanda's spit. And I was 11 at the time! It was because the teacher wouldn't let me chew paper. If only we'd been allowed to chew gum in school!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the sneak peak into your life this week. I feel like there were a lot of "real life" pictures. So nice!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this was one of my favorite weeks at your house so far! So many great pics. LOVE the first one of Bishop. And had to groan when Amanda did the spit-slick!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.