Friday, January 10, 2014

Captivating Conversations

Momma, did you know that when Jesus was little he was talking to the religious leaders (love watching his mouth form when he says "religious leaders")?  And a couple days after that when he was old, the religious leaders told Governor Pilate that Jesus was dangerous because he wanted to be king....


TobyMac's CD has been playing here a lot lately.  A couple weeks ago, Amanda was wishing Daddy could be a singer like TobyMac.  I told her that TobyMac wouldn't be able to sing without someone like Daddy to make the sound work.  :) Then a week later...

Avery: Daddy should be a singer.  How much money does TobyMac make?  Thousands?
Me: No, millions.
Avery: What?!?  Yeah, Daddy should sing and then he'd be rich!  Plus, that would be cool.
Me: Well...if Daddy was a singer, he wouldn't make much money.
Avery & Amanda (incredulous): Why??
Me: Daddy likes to sing but he's really bad at it and people wouldn't pay money to listen to him sing.
Amanda: (shrugs shoulders) Yeah, some dads just aren't very sing-y.

Avery: Mom, guess what?  We have two more days of multiplication and then we'll be starting division!
Me: Really??  Wow!  I didn't learn division until 3rd grade.
Avery: (after a pause): Uh, Mom....I'M in 3rd grade.
Me: Oh, right. (How, when did that happen??)

Amanda: Mom, I would like to cheer for a president.
Avery: What do you mean?
(I'm thinking her school is doing a pep rally and will be deciding on members of the student counsel)
Amanda: I wish I could cheer for a president.
Avery: Do you mean vote?
Amanda: Yes!  Vote!  But you have to be 18 years old.....Daddy is WAY far old enough to do that.
If I could cheer for a president, I would cheer for George Washington.

1 comment:

  1. I love reading these conversations!!! so sweet! I just wish I had gotten down some of mine when they were young!! You will always be thankful for documenting these moments!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.