Thursday, January 30, 2014

Extra-Curricular Activities

I've had several people ask, so I thought I'd follow up on my JayZ protest letter to the state.  I heard nothing that first day, so I asked my social worker if he'd gotten an email from me and he hadn't.  Ironically, the email was blocked because of the content (more than a dozen lines of lyrics by JayZ).  

I dropped off a hard copy of the email and never did hear a word back.

Our agency, on the other hand, was very responsive.  They were supportive of my stand and actually embarrassed that the ticket offer had even happened, wanting to be sure I knew they had no prior knowledge of the tickets.

It was just my job to write the letter, and I did that.  What happens with it is not up to me.

In other news...keeping kids active and involved in positive things...little Aiden goes with me to all the basketball games and practices.  And he's really into it.

When he catches wind that we'll be leaving soon, he goes up to change into basketball shorts.  At Avery's practice, he usually has a fellow four year-old buddy who he hangs with.  I watch them and wonder how many hours they'll spend playing with a ball together in the coming years (they did soccer together in the fall).
 He's also been into doing laps around the court and having me time him.  Over and over and over...with a huge grin.
 Not surprisingly, he's showing signs of being competitive.  The other night he and his sister were playing tool Memory and when her stack started to grow larger than his he was getting mad and crying.    I passed the issue directly to Shaun. :)

He can also be found dropping down to do one-handed push-ups.
 Here he was trying to convince Avery and her team mate to do timed laps with him.
 Mom, ready to start the clock?


This little dude ^....has my heart.

He makes the whole body fit together perfectly. As each part does its own special work, it helps the other parts grow, so that the whole body is healthy and growing and full of love.
Ephesians 4:16

1 comment:

  1. I know I've said it before - but man I could use some of his energy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.