Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Be Still, My Soul

Autumn in New England is...glorious. With each new brilliant color, each sunbeam streaming through the leaves, I am more convinced of God's great love for us. I have quieted my soul and taken in his presence. 

And my kids have pretty much made peace with the fact that they have a crazy momma who may, at any moment, veer off to the side of the road to capture the splendor of a moment in time that will never come again. Creation...a love letter to us.





Be still, my soul: The Lord is on thy side;
With patience bear thy cross of grief or pain.
Leave to thy God to order and provide;
In ev'ry change he faithful will remain.
Be still, my soul: Thy best, thy heavenly Friend
Thru thorny ways leads to a joyful end.





 Be still, my soul: Thy God doth undertake
To guide the future as he has the past.
Thy hope, thy confidence let nothing shake;
All now mysterious shall be bright at last.
Be still, my soul: The waves and winds still know
His voice who ruled them while he dwelt below.










6 comments:

  1. So stealing your words yet again - love the line creation is a love letter to us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are breathtaking - you have an amazing eye!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning fall photos and a poignant reminder of His truth and love for us. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My fave is the one with the birch trees. ....and oh my gosh! Had never heard that song! LOVE the lyrics.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful pictures-Beautiful hymn. Prayers and healing continue for you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.