Thursday, January 27, 2022

Doing Battle, Week 70

 The point is not to completely understand God but to worship Him. Let the very fact that you cannot know Him fully lead you to praise Him for His infiniteness and grandeur.-- Francis Chan


This week provided more waiting, more testing but also more answers. In fact, I waited a day to post so I'd be able to provide a clearer picture, at least as we have it now. Answers have felt slow in coming, but also we take it as a good sign that no one is in a huge rush.

Backing up to last Wednesday, Amy and I went into the city for my colonoscopy. We got there early but it was the afternoon so they were running hours behind. Not knowing how strictly the visitor/covid policy would  be, Amy had packed cold weather gear, prepared to be outside in January for hours. Thankfully, they had a spacious waiting area and visitors were allowed. 

I was definitely nervous about what they'd find, but after my lovely anesthesia nap, the doctor came in and said, "We have nothing to talk about". Phew....great relief! 

*Public service announcement* If you are 45 or older, you need to get a colonoscopy...don't make excuses, don't put it off, just make it happen. Thank you. :)


I wanted to just cocoon up. Facing people felt daunting and exhausting, so we laid low.



This is the girl you want with you in tough times. She just shows up. In her adult life she's made probably hundreds of meals, given rides, watched kids, organized meal trains, and...she prays. She's a gift. 



We got home after a 12-hour day and a warm meal had been delivered and beautiful flowers, too. Love is most definitely spoken through food and flowers. And so many text messages throughout the day, reminding me of how loved I am, how much I'm thought of. I am blessed!








On Monday my oncologist called me to let me know the team had met to discuss my case and it was determined that radiation alone would likely take care of the tumor. We were surprised and encouraged. We were referred to a radiologist, who we finally met today via a video call. 




The radiologist has a high level of confidence that the tumor will be responsive to five days of radiation. Just five days!!

This is wonderful news!! We kind of can't believe it and now we're starting to look at 2022 as if we might be able to live our regularly scheduled life. We are grateful.

5 comments:

  1. Praise God for His tender mercies in caring for you so well. I’ve been praying & will pray the treatment plan goes as is hoped for and that you get to see God’s brilliance on display in intimate ways.

    Our 32-year-old beloved neighbor has been going to battle with stage 3 rectal cancer for almost a year. I pray for her daily and have prayed for you simultaneously many random days over the past several months just because God has brought you to my mind in those moments. It’s as though God put two special people on my heart to pray for and I consider it an honor to do so. Truly, you are covered in prayer from our neck of the woods.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - that's great! Also, those cookies look excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, the office looks amazing!! You guys did such a great job! (Though I'm not surprised - you steward what God puts in your hands so well, in all things). xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.