Monday, January 24, 2022

Project 365, Week 2

This week will never be forgotten. We did tests, we waited by the phone for results, we got the call that is as my surgeon once described: One day you're crossing the street and you get hit by a semi truck. 

In other news, it was so cold. This is what January is know for in New England and we're getting our fill.

January 10
Our two football enthusiasts. :)


January 11
The dog.


January 12
As we waited at the light in downtown Manhattan, headed to the follow-up appointment with my oncologist, the super heros made me smile!


January 13
One of my favorite things about January is that there are books in progress lying around the house, and very often accompanied by tea or hot chocolate.


January 14
Sarah's first day at H & R Block was the day before, and this afternoon Avery spent some time training her. They just looked too cute sitting there together. :)


After work and TBQ Shaun and I met up for dinner while the kids were at youth group. We had just ordered when we saw some friends walk in, so we made it dinner for four, which was an unexpected treat.


January 15
My birthday. We were already "in limbo", waiting for test results, though we did our best to shelve it for the weekend. We enjoyed a nice breakfast with the best server, our niece Kelly.


After we got "the call" we changed plans and just went home. We talked a bit and then turned on a movie until Shaun and Aiden went to a soccer game and Amy came for a bit, which she'd already pre-arranged because it was my birthday.

Later, we made dinner together. Shaun asked that I be purposeful in showing the kids how to make the meal, knowing that in the coming time, much will be required of all of us. It was beautiful and brutal.





January 16
We waited many weeks for the final windows to arrive at the building and once they were installed, I was able to move into my new office. The kids were a big help and I'm so happy with my new space.



Aiden went to Rocco's house and Amanda had a friend over. It was good for them to be kids and get a break from our hard weekend.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.