Monday, January 24, 2022

Project 365, Week 3

We spent this week trying to be patient in the waiting, carrying on with status quo life, even though everything feels like its changed. I'm thankful for work and school and every day activities that force us to get up and do life. Some times it feels effort-full, but always the joy and blessings and peace are there when we choose to look and see.

January 17
It was nice to be in my new office space and it was nice to be working, normal person style.


January 18
Aiden made his first eBay sale, a Pokemon card. He couldn't believe how much writing was involved in an address. :)


January 19
A 12-hour day to, in and from the city. 


January 20
It wasn't a big accumulation, but the timing of the snow/wintery mix made it so school was remote for the day. The dog and I had the best time walking and marveling at the beauty that is freshly fallen snow.


The kids were all at their posts. Amanda, Sarah, Aiden, Avery. 






We went to pick out new eye glasses for me as my 5-year old $30 Walmart frames have served their time. The eye glass fitter person took one look at me and realized she would not be selling me Versace or Coach glasses. Not only do I not value name brands, I actually kind of scorn them if its simply for the sake of the name. Anyway, we found serviceable glasses that everyone agreed on.

After, we grabbed dinner out, which was a nice treat.


January 21
Teen Bible Quiz. These kids are amazing. Just this week, they memorized a combined 100+ verses from the book of Matthew. In a world where they could be filling their minds with so many things, they are choosing Truth, which will last them a lifetime, most especially when things get hard. 



January 22
I am not a fan of screens, but I have to concede that there could potentially be some value in online video games. Video games are new to our house since Christmas when we (Shaun) gifted the kids a PlayStation. Its been a fun experience for them to play with friends...in moderation, I can see it being a positive thing. (Don't tell my kids I said that. ;)


Avery had eight hours of Zoom classes over the weekend to fulfill Connecticut's drug and alcohol education requirement to get your license.


Scenes from our Saturday...






January 23
On Sunday, we spent a couple hours at the office, we went to the kickoff meeting for The Passion production and we enjoyed two of the sweetest little kids. We had fun with them, but it was all just a bit too much though as we are already stretched. It takes some adjusting to bring life down a notch and simplify.  






 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.