Tuesday, March 26, 2024

Project 354, Week 11

This week was....a lot. We were working extra trying to adjust to staffing changes and handle the heavy workload that is expected for this time of year. It was exhausting and we got through it.

March 11
I have no neutral feelings about New York City...I both love it and hate it. I have to say, Spring springing in the city is pretty special time of year. 



March 12
Just for fun and because we can we took a little crew to meet my aunt and uncle for breakfast at a sweet breakfast place on Main Street in a quintessential New England town. We surprised them by bringing Baby Ezra, so they got to meet their great-great niece. Everyone was very happy about things and there was lots of love being passed around. 







March 13
Amanda and I met on the front walk in our matching Carhartt sweatshirts...I was heading in from my walk, she was headed to school.


March 14
Each tax season has a theme, and this year for our office its been staffing "stuff". Our staff is dependable, competent, professional, willing. Incredible really, so out of our abundance, we've covered and trained and did what was best company-wide. Its come at a cost to our entire staff, but this day it meant I got to be with my girls for a few minutes while we did a shift handoff and office switch.


March 15
I made it to the last bit of TBQ practice and tried not to think about the fact that for some, it was their last practice.


Amanda and C at youth group. :)


On a whim, my niece Lainie slept over. After youth group they were in the hot tub well into the night.


March 16
TBQ District Finals meet. These kids...just amazing! They are fun to be with, always respectful, get along with each other and spend so much time studying and memorizing the Bible. Thirty years from now, the scripture they have learned will still be with them.








Such a beautiful sunset on the way to Aiden's soccer game.


Amanda joined Jason to watch his sister's team play in the basketball finals. The next day she was back to watch Coventry's boys in the finals. 


March 17
I pass this tree every day on my walk and I asked Aiden to help me cut some branches for my front door planters. He willingly helped, now we'll have to see if I can make it look like the arrangements I've seen in person and on Pinterest.



Right now our weekly family time happens at the office on Sunday while its closed. The kids clean it and we work on projects that can't be done while the office is open. There's also a little bit of arguing and a lot of fooling around. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.