Tuesday, March 12, 2024

Project 365, Week 10

It was such a difficult week and also there were some stunningly beautiful moments. What a grace that joy and sorrow are woven together.

March 4
The morning sun was pretty as we headed toward the city for my procedure. I've often said about chemo that the only thing worse than getting it is not getting it; showing up for it but then being turned away because blood counts are too low, for instance. 

This day the only thing worse than having a risky procedure was being turned away because scar tissue from my surgery nine years ago had created a granite wall that, despite a few attempts, they were unable to penetrate. We left feeling truly at a loss.


March 5
Being stronger than my desire to spend the day in bed in self-pity and still having to wait 24-hours to shower, I brushed my hair and put on some business clothes over bandages and leftover brown antiseptic from the procedure and put one foot in front of the other.


March 6
Foggy morning walk, intentionally looking for beauty and reminding myself of things I  know to be true.


March 7
A boy and his dog.


March 8
The kids did Fine Arts and then Youth Convention, which was very conveniently located in Hartford this year. Maddy was a judge for dance so Avery got to be on Ezra duty for a couple hours, and it delighted her greatly to be wearing a baby.


March 9
The kids got home from Youth Convention as we got home from the office and then we were off to Aiden's soccer game. What a privilege to be able to take him and watch.


March 10
For many reasons it was a special day. My heart was so full to be sitting in church with my family.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.