Tuesday, March 5, 2024

Project 365, Week 9

A little bit of this and a whole lot of that this week. Life is kind of weird right now with tax season droning on, sprinkled with raising kids and doing ridiculous cancer stuff. Its hard and its holy. Its mundane and its extraordinary.

February 26
Sometimes you gotta find some sun and take in the therapy it provides.


February 27
It was such a foggy morning as my dad drove me down for pre-op labs.



What should have been a 5 minute thing turn into 30. The nurse questioned the pregnancy test ordered. I told her that treatments and surgeries done (at MSK) have made it impossible and so a couple years ago I had an official exemption put on my record, but still it comes up regularly. She said, hmm...let me pull up your "problems" tab. I laughed out loud. "There's a problems tab?? You will break the computer if you click on mine!" 

We finally got that situated so my insurance company wasn't billed for an unnecessary test (they must hate me enough already).  Eventually my dad and I were back on the road, the fog was lifted and it was a smooth ride, with a coffee stop, of course.


Family fondue with my best crew.


Ginger's favorite spot is the couch in our bonus room but when we have that door closed because we don't heat it, she uses Aiden's room as second best. They are both happy with the arrangement.


February 28
Amanda and I took a mid-day break when she got home from school and had a lovely conversation while a light rain turned heavy.


February 29
It was a glorious morning for walking. It was also Leap Day, so I felt a little bad that it was such a regular day.


March 1
I forgot to get a picture with Shelva, who I met for breakfast while she was in CT for the week. It happened to be her wedding anniversary and it was crazy to think we were standing together 21 years ago.


We enjoyed an employee appreciation lunch. I look at this picture now a couple weeks later and think, wow...we did not know how much it would change! This team is THE best and we all work really well together.


March 2
TBQ celebrated four years....because God. Its been incredible to be a part of! It ended up being a busy night for most but we were able to have a couple alumni present.






March 3
My faith helps me know what to do with my feelings. I was rolling that around as I struggled to prepare for my procedure in NYC the next day. 

Also, it was the first day to sit out on the porch!!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.