On our date night this week, we were in a restaurant with TVs. Without noticing it (I never do), I sat down. Some time passed and I finally saw that the Red Sox were on and so I offered to switch seats with Shaun. He declined, gave me a little smirk and said, "How 'bout you just talk to me instead?" Ahh...a man who's been married a while...smart answer! His response reminded me of a card I saw at the store.
The other day I was pouring through birthday cards, which I find to be a highly entertaining experience. Although, I've found that if one strikes me funny, then its twice as funny if someone you share it with thinks its funny, too.
I was not purposely looking for "this" type of card, but it happened. I hope you are not too offended.
On the front there was a very handsome, shirtless man. He looked something like this:
On the front it said, "For your birthday, Here's the Ideal Man". On the side there was a little wheel to turn and different "quotes" appeared in a little box next to the man:
- It doesn't take my brilliant mind to see how beautiful , unique and wonderful you are
- Let's share our innermost feelings and then go shoe shopping
- Just because I have a six-figure income doesn't mean I don't like to cook
- Why watch televised sports when we could be spending quality time together
- I noticed your car was dirty so I bought you a new one. Hope you like red