Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Livin' Large




Guess where we were today? Yes...taking in another comped Red Sox game. Last night an email went out from one of our telecomm providers that there were tickets available for today's game. My boss jumped on it and got us two tickets!

As you can see from the ticket, we watched the game from one of the luxury boxes. To get to our seats we went through several security check-points and had to show our tickets. It was complete with all-you-can-eat catered lunch, leather couches and flat screen TV.

We chose to watch it sitting in the stadium seats right in front of the suite and oh, what a view! As an added bonus, the actual game was great. They came back to win it in the bottom of the 9th, with a dugout clearing celebration.


It was an experience that I'm afraid has ruined me forever. Never will I be able to sit with the common folk in the bleachers and not think longingly to my day in the sky. :)

I'm grateful I was Shaun's first choice for a buddy. He really wanted to go with me to the game, and I think that's pretty cool. We had a fun day hanging out together and I know it will be one of his life's highlights. All these special game opportunities makes me feel like I should dig in and become a real fan, not one of those "pink hats" my husband and his sports-talk radio guys talk about. (BTW, thanks Mom, for taking the girls for a very long, very last-minute day!)









2 comments:

  1. Hey, Lisa! I finally got a chance to get caught up on your blog. What a perfect day! I love that you are forever ruined from sitting amongst the common folks from here on out...haha! I would be too, after sitting in luxury like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My hubby and I have the most fun together too. I thank that is the way God intended it to be.....Thanks for sharing your day with us! Great pics :0)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.