Saturday, May 14, 2011

Beauty


Shaun jokingly said to me tonight Would you blog so I can catch up on your life?  He rarely gives me unsolicited feedback about this blog and I sometimes wonder what he thinks about his life and the things that go on under his roof, being presented for all the world to see.

Blogging is not all I am working on.  I also have so many books going right now.  One fiction novel that I can't get into, but came highly recommended, the rest are an eclectic collection of business, marriage, photography, and "religion" books.  Looking at the pile next to my desk makes me feel like I have a focus problem.  I need to pick one thing and really go with it, the problem is, I want to know everything right now.  I want to fix my many flaws and shortcomings right now.  

My favorite book of those I'm reading right now came from a recommendation from Woman of Worth called One Thousand Gifts.  Its completely amazing.  I love the content and her writing style.  I can't wait to finish it so I can read it again.

Beauty is the voice endlessly calling and so we see, so we reach.  Doubt the philosophies, doubt the prophecies, doubt the Pharisees (especially the ones seen in mirrors), but who can doubt this, Beauty?  Beauty requires no justification, no explanation; it simply is and transcends.  See beauty and we know it in the marrow, even if we have no words for it: Someone is behind it, in it.  Beauty Himself completes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.