Sunday, June 17, 2012

Project 365, Week 24

Its feeling like summer around here, we are just counting down the last few days of school.  But even though school is in session we managed to have a little fun this week.  :)

June 10
Great day for a picnic...lots of world problems being solved around this table. :)
June 11
I "chaperoned" Avery's first "field trip".  A 1.5-ish mile walk from school to DQ and then play time at the park.  Daddy met us at the park for a little bit, too, as a bonus.  I don't take it for granted that the lifestyle we've chosen allows us to do that.

 June 12
Something you don't see every day walking the streets of downtown Boston.

June 13
I had a bunch of shopping errands to do after voice lessons....Amanda wanted me to take a picture with her friend.
 June 14
Amanda has the most adorable little lisp...her "s" comes out as a "th" sound.  I love this baby feature of her, but my neighbor, who is a speech therapist said if left unattended, it will not correct itself.  She graciously offered her pro bono services and thinks Amanda will make quick progress.

They had their first meeting on her porch...so sweet.
 That evening Nana and Grandpa John arrived from Florida to stay with us for the weekend.  They were here approximately three minutes before they were fully entrenched in games with the kids.

 Aiden's room becomes the guest room when we have company so the kids got to have a sleepover party in their room.
 June 15
Oh my word.  My eldest nephew graduated from 8th grade.  Its truly impossible to believe we are here already.  My SIL put on a great party for him after and we got in some good family time.
June 16
Closing ceremonies for baseball.  So proud of all Z accomplished.  He started out having never played baseball and didn't know first base from third.  Last week he hit a homerun and he almost always gets on base every time....he's also gotten several outs in the field.  It was a great experience for him!
While I was there with the boys, Shaun was at soccer with the girls.  Amanda had her first and only real game against a different team.
We watched my niece Madison dance in about 14 numbers in her recital.  She commands any stage she's on and does it with grace and beauty.  I was moved to tears several times throughout the performance....can't wait to see what God has for her.  (Z took this photo).
 That evening we went to Shaun's brother's house for a cookout, trampoline and outdoor movie.  I like this photo of my niece Alayna and I that Z took...she's just two months younger than Aiden and they have such a fun time together.
 And that was our week, in all its blurry wonderfulness.

3 comments:

  1. busy busy busy....

    When is Avery done with school, I hope soon.

    Your niece is precious too.

    Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun to come back and visit. I loved all your photos, comments, blog posts, your perspective and life philosophy. I went back a way to catch up. LOL at Groundhog series, and Dad Life. Thanks, Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a busy week (again!). All these endings - but the next steps will be fun too.

    Your nephew is just really too cute - I'll bet he'll rock 9th grade.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.