Friday, June 15, 2012

Random Friday

How about a little Random Friday?  I think its more traditionally done on Mondays, but for me Mondays are a fresh start...Fridays is when the wheels start to come off for me.  :)

We continue to run at maximum capacity around here, so I'm officially giving myself permission to not blog for as long as I need to.  The only problem with that is that while we are running around like crazy, things are happening...things that need to be blogged.  And if I don't blog them right away then they pile up.  And when they pile up, then I feel overwhelmed and I want to forget it all.  But then I think about posterity and I suck it up and bang it out....or not.

That ramble reminded me of our current favorite household book, Fox in Socks.  Oh, how I love to snuggle up with Aiden and Amanda and read this silly book.  (My husband doesn't have to read it, he has it memorized from his childhood :)  My favorite part is towards the end:

When tweetle beetles fight,
it's called
a tweetle beetle battle.

And when they
battle in a puddle,
it's a tweetle
beetle puddle battle.

AND when tweetle beetles
battle with paddles in a puddle,
they call it a tweetle
beetle puddle paddle battle.
AND...


We are enjoying out-of-town guests for the weekend and looking at a gorgeous stretch of weather....as in, picture perfect, no-one-can-complain-about-it weather.  Except....I walked into the gas station down the street on my way home from the gym.

As I went up to pay for my newspaper, I commented to the cashier, Wow...its so wonderfully bright in here!  (Granted, I was feeling extra chipper because I'd just run six miles and had a nice shower.)  Not for me, she replied.  In unmasked shock I said really?!?  She said, Yeah, I'm a vampire.

And so I stand corrected....this weather is perfect for almost everyone.

Speaking of the gym, I was back to running this week, just like that!  My knee has been great!  Not sure what combinations of things have made this possible, but I'm thankful...even for the chaffing...ha!

Watching the news on said run this morning, I learned the title/lyrics to the Def Leppard song that I've overheard so many times, Pour Some Sugar on Me.  Now that I know what it actually says, I cannot recall what I thought it said, but wow...I feel so enlightened now.  My girls have inherited this trait from me...making up your very own lyrics to a song, but not knowingly....and then sticking to it unquestioningly for years.

Today is eighth grade graduation day for my oldest nephew.  To say its astounding we have arrived here already would be an understatement.

We are still dealing with the last few days of school here and I cannot wait for it to be over!  I made a countdown a couple weeks ago.  If you can imagine, it bugged me that they marked it up and didn't cross out the days "correctly".  Are you kidding me??  Of course I didn't say anything, but sheesh...I wish I could put that lousy perfectionism to some good use!

Yes...this is currently the state of my refrigerator. 


And now I must go conquer some things before I decide to give up on it all!  :)  Go into the weekend knowing God's plans for you are perfect.

3 comments:

  1. I think your refrig looks BEAUTIFUL!!!

    It's hard for me to imagine you are still in school....seems like we are 1/2 through summer already!

    and the whole vampire thing...wow.just wow. I think I would have asked if I could see her teeth!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the vampire comment - she sure is brave working during the day & all!

    I think that we need a recording of you and/or Shaun reading that book - what a tongue twister!

    Hope you have a fabulous weekend. Mike is at a conference in Kentucky - he'll be home late tomorrow night. So I'm just gonna hang out at home & enjoy my back yard. And maybe throw out things that he probably wouldn't miss. Heh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW -glad for you when school is done.

    Enjoy your company.

    And a vampire - really..... I am with Sara "show me the teeth" haha

    Where was the camera for that one:)

    Did you knowit will be oneyear this weekend we met face to face. No I don't expect you to remember at all. We were just doing some thinking about last yr at this time and winning the state championship and of course your family came up too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.