Sunday, June 10, 2012

Project 365, Week 23

Another one of those weeks when I look back and say, "Wow...we did that all, huh?"  So thankful for my life partner who is doing this journey with me...even on weeks like this when we are in divide-and-conquer mode...he helps bring meaning to it all!

June 3
After breakfast out as a family, the three kids and I headed to a birthday party for 2 & 4 year-old girls.  There was a pool, lots of yummy food and good company.

Shaun and Z had worked together after his Sunday visit and then were heavily involved in a board game when we got home.
 June 4
Shaun sent me this sweet pic of Aiden and Shaun's grandfather playing baseball.
 Z's school had a chorus concert for the 3rd & 4th grades.  Of the 100 kids that includes, 9 showed up.  Yes, nine.  But...he did a great job and I'm secretly hoping we are done with him singing Que Bonita Bandera around the house.
June 5
While I was at soccer, Shaun and Avery went to the town hall so she could receive her reward.  She was honored for winning 1st grade in her school.  She was able to choose five books and she got $10 to use to purchase books.  Good job, Avery!

 June 6
Insane day that started with some foster parent continuing ed.  Its impossible to tell from this picture I snuck, but the instructor was hilarious.  He cracked himself up and had a laugh that just killed me.  After about 20 minutes, I finally figured out who he reminded me of...Ned!





Later that evening while Z was at his visit, the kids and I went to the bookstore so Avery could spend her spelling bee money and then grabbed dinner before church.  I really cherish my time with just the three of them.
June 7
Life is good.
June 8
Z asked if I would go to his school's field day, so we did for a bit.  It was good to see him involved and having a good time (he's up front, all in red).
And we took advantage of the river that was right there.
June 9
A packed day from beginning to end, some of which will need separate posts, but I like this one.  Ohhh...those soft baby arms!

1 comment:

  1. Whew - your weeks are crazy busy! Congrats to Avery - I feel proud of her too. Love Aiden in his "number 10" shirt :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.