Monday, March 24, 2014

I Won The Lottery!

"Congratulations.  The MCM Lottery has been conducted and you have reason to celebrate as one of the officially registered participants in the 39th Marine Corps Marathon."

I read this email out loud to the kids when I received it last week.  Avery said, Wait!  You won the lottery?!?

Well yes, if you consider paying a $114.12 entrance fee for the privilege of doing a grueling six-days-a-week-before-the-sun-is-up training schedule for four months so you can be prepared for a punishing, stretching-you-to-your-max 26.2 mile race, then yes, I won the lottery.

My first marathon is still fresh in my mind from Mother's Day last year and I think its a little like child-birth.  With your first baby, you hear from others how hard and painful labor is, but with your second baby you know first hand how difficult it is.

Is it better to not know or to be prepared?  I think the first baby is easiest, when you don't really know what to expect.  I'll have to report back about the second marathon.  :)

I'll be in Washington DC this October, along with my sister-in-law Sarah, giving it my best!





 




1 comment:

  1. I read this out loud to Mike & he said, "I don't think winning means what she thinks it means." Ha. But congratulations & GO YOU!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.