Sunday, March 23, 2014

Project 365, Week 12

Happy Sunday!  I'm feeling the hope of Spring, despite the fact we're going to dip into the 30's for highs much of this week.

We had such a fun week just being.  There really is so much to be thankful for!

March 16
No picture, though Shaun and the kids began rehearsals for Passion of the King (photo from last year).  Plan on coming to one of the five performances!

March 17
In his book, The 5 Love Languages of Children, Gary Chapman does not include CANDY as one of the five, which is weird because all four of my kids have that as the primary way love is spoken to them, despite the fact I am morally against it.  So, I sneak it in when can (sort of) justify it.  :)
 Not even a little bit Irish, even though we have a "Shaun" and "Avery" but why not do the little things that help make life fun and special?

Plus, we live in a college town, so St. Patrick's Day is right up there with Christmas around here.  :)
 March 18
Shaun came home for lunch and Aiden grabbed him at the door, begging him to put a lego set together.
 Naptime stories.  I'm not a fan of violence, but there's a lot of good life lessons mixed in with the super hero stuff and my little four year-old guy is convinced he's one.
 Finally....the snow is gone enough to play at the park attached to the library.  Baby steps to spring!
 March 19
Frozen was released the day before and Shaun bought it online and had it set up for us, but we didn't go into the TV room to notice so this day, after homework and showers, the girls watched it with Shaun while the boys and I went to church.

They were SO excited!!
March 20
HAPPY SPRING!!  The girls had a half day, so we went to support our local DQ.
 Later, we got a call about taking a sibling group of three, ages 9, 7, 3 who, if they could get the proper waivers, would need to be placed that night.

Shaun happened to be home for a lunch break, so I ran it by him.  His response after a pause and a deep breath....I can't imagine saying yes and I can't imagine saying no.  Yeah, let's do it.  And I fell madly in love with him all over again.  He has a large, beautiful heart.

So while we waited for the official word, I went into Operation Prepare The House, washing sheets and praying.  The foster care world is unique...out of the blue you can get a call to take on three children for the next several years, possibly forever and you have exactly three minutes to make that life-altering decision.

In the end, another home was found for them, but now I carry the burden of their situation in my heart.  Three more nameless statistics to pray for, now just more specifically.

There is such freedom in making God the Lord of your life, in putting your trust in him for every situation.  He has our best in mind and will order our steps.  When our life is yielded to Him, nothing happens without His say-so.  Such comfort in knowing I don't have to be the one running the show!
 March 21
This "vintage" blender (a wedding gift) holds a smoothie, containing coconut milk, spinach, a banana and berries.  I convinced Aiden to try it and after some initial doubts, he liked it.

I feel both triumphant and guilty....its the closest I've ever come to lying to my kids.

 March  22
A cousin sleepover.  "Frozen" after breakfast and then we got out and enjoyed the day!


 They sang Frozen songs and did movie dialogue over and over.
 Cooler dudes there never were.  :)
Let's make it a great week!!

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad the D's got so much time with the C's this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm convinced the smoothie is the way to get the picky-pickies to eat something that isn't beige! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the cool dudes - great picture!

    I think we still have our original blender too - it's 23 years old now :) I haven't made smoothies in years - I have this thing where I have to chew my food to feel like I've eaten. But then again I eat my veggies without complaining :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.