Thursday, June 19, 2008

A Verse A Day

"Wait and listen, everyone who is thirsty! Come to the waters; and he who has no money, come, buy and eat! Yes, come, buy [priceless, spiritual] wine and milk without money and without price [simply for the self-surrender that accepts the blessing]. Isaiah 55:1

God's way is so hard for us to understand, especially in the society we live in, where "there is no free lunch". His salvation, love and grace are free for us. In fact, there is no way for us to pay or "work it off" even if we wanted to.

I remember when I started going back to the library as an adult. The first couple times I went, it felt very strange to be walking out with books without my credit card having been swiped or cash exchanging hands. The library materials are free to anyone who wants to walk in and check them out.

Accept the blessing...its already been paid for!

1 comment:

  1. I love it...He paid the price for us all.

    I get the same feeling at the library as well....I always feel like I'm "stealing" something. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.