Thursday, June 12, 2008

A Verse A Day


Yesterday as the girls and I were going for a walk, I had the opportunity to be reminded of a couple lessons. I put a hat on Amanda and was immediately brought back to last year, in my mind's eye, when Avery was wearing the same hat and sundress. Immediately, I thought 'photo opp!' but I was anxious to get going before the post office closed and figured I'd have all summer to catch the shot.

Well into our walk I noticed that Amanda was no longer wearing her hat, nor was it in the stroller so I said, "Shoot! Where is Amanda's hat?" I only know I said this because Avery went on to repeat it roughly thirty times (lesson #1)

"Keep thy tongue from evil and thy lips from speaking guile" Psalms 34:13

I was disappointed about the hat because of its sentimental value. Avery's Auntie gave it to her last spring and she looked cute in it all summer. Quickly my mind went back to the moment I decided not to take a picture because 'I'd have all summer.'

Do I? Have I been promised that time? I'm I guaranteed that Amanda will be with me later today or next week or on her 16th birthday? (lesson #2)

"What man can live and not see death, or save himself from the power of the grave?" Psalms 89:48

"Be on guard! Be alert! You do not know when that time will come" Mark 13:33

Thank you, Lord for these gentle reminders.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.