Friday, June 20, 2008

The Excellent Wife, Ch 12

Submission...the Wife's Joy

Although I am exactly one week behind in this post, I didn't want to forget it, especially since it was a short chapter concerning Submission and Joy:

"God is always working His purpose in a wife's circumstances. He wants to develop Christlike character within her and give her the special opportunities and privilege to glorify Him."

"Being filled with the Spirit encompasses both wifely submission and joy...If you are 'Spirit-filled', you will be expressing gratitude to God in all circumstances daily. Gratefulness should often be in your thoughts as well as verbally expressed."

Its so important to the atmosphere of our homes when we have a thankful attitude and are filled with joy. This joy comes from being in the will of God, from spending time with Him.

The author challenges us to "commit yourself to learning submission". I like how that is put. We need to put in the effort to learn it. Practice. Talk to yourself. This is God's plan and it works.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I needed to hear this today. So true how we as mamas set the mood in our homes. I'm going to be working on the improving my attitude every day.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.