Saturday, March 21, 2009

Sleepover

The girls had a very short sleepover with their cousin Madison. Even though it was less than twelve hours, it was still very exciting and made it hard to fall asleep last night. Avery was still singing Madison to sleep when I finally drifted off at 10:30. So I was surprised when I heard them up at 6:30 am. I stopped them on the way down the stairs, and tucked them back into bed.

As you might imagine, nap time was a little harder than usual because they were over-tired. When I told Avery it was time to get ready for her nap, she started whining and complaining. Amanda, who always tries to stick up for her sister, like when I'm torturing her with a comb, looked at me and quoted, "Do to others as you would have them do to you".

So, should I be upset because she was being disrespectful, or should I be pleased because my two-year-old is quoting scripture to me in context??

I wish she'd quoted me some scripture earlier this week when I was acting crabby!

3 comments:

  1. What a great picture of them in their jams. What a memory they made.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! I found your blog through Amy and another day in paradise! I really enjoyed your post and I also checked out your adoption blog, I hope to one day adopt so I look forward to reading your journey! Stop by my blog anytime =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. BEEN THERE, DONE THAT.

    PROBABLY GOING TO DO IT AGAIN.

    HUGS FROM MAINE

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.