Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Road Race 2010

As promised, footage from the Manchester Road Race on Thanksgiving Day.  This was my ninth consecutive (or otherwise) year participating.  Even since I've been a part it has grown into something huge.  This year registration closed Tuesday night when they reached 15,000!  The atmosphere is something I think everyone should get to experience.  As my FIL puts it, its a "slice of Americana" and indeed it is.  So festive and fun!

This year my SIL and I walked it together, which allowed me the opportunity to bring my camera with me for the 4.78 miles.  I didn't stop to snap any of the pictures so many are blurry, but you'll get the idea. And I'm not going to explain many of them because....well, there just IS no explanation.

The starting line.  From the moment the gun goes off til the time everyone crosses the starting line is approximately 10-15 minutes.
 Like I said...no explaining.











 Not exactly record time but we finished and had fun doing it.

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.