Friday, November 26, 2010

So Thankful

Ah...Thanksgiving.  Such a great holiday, isn't it?  There is no other purpose for it than being with those we love and remembering how very much we have to be thankful for.

We started the day with 20,000 or so other runners and walkers who were participating in the Road Race.  My SIL and I ended up walking more of it than running due to our various injuries and so I actually brought my camera with me.  I'll share some gems from that soon. ;)

SIL Sarah, Me, SIL Laryssa, BIL Nathan aka Superman
Shaun and I have a good system worked out for Thanksgiving morning.  I race so I don't have to cook, he cooks so he doesn't have to cheerlead in 40 degree weather.  It works well for us. :)

When I got home, the two turkeys were just about done and the house smelled amazing.  We had 13 adults, including 3 great-grandparents and 7 kids.  It was a lovely afternoon, filled with laughter and playing....just a good day.








 Thankfully we had the three one-year olds helping with clean-up duty.  SO helpful!
We ended the evening watching Charlie Brown's Thanksgiving, which the girls were not familiar with.  They are also not familiar with watching shows that have commercials.  At one point a T*ys R Us commercial came on.  Avery said, Wait...that store has no grown-up stuff in it??  We should go!  

Let us come before his presence with thanksgiving, and make 
a joyful noise unto him with psalms.
Psalm 95:2

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.