Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Scripture Memory #3

February 1st came and went yesterday and the fact that it was time for a new scripture never crossed my mind.  That's not to say we didn't recognize or even celebrate February, because we did.  Complete with donuts and singing Happy February 1st to you, Happy February 1st to you...though it was snowing outside we had faith in our hearts that we are one day closer to spring. :)


I love the verse this week.  


Now we see things imperfectly as in a cloudy mirror, but then we will see everything with perfect clarity. All that I know now is partial and incomplete, but then I will know everything completely, just as God now knows me completely.

I Corinthians 13:12


There are some things that I just don't understand.  People very close to me are walking through some hard stuff with no answers to the "why" questions.  And the bible tells us that we will NOT know all the answers.  


It helps me when I think of my own children.  Right now, though I don't know them completely, I certainly know them better than they know themselves.  At 5, 4 and 1, they still have a very small view of the world and the "big picture".  Even if I were to sit down and carefully explain some of life's weightier issues to them, there's just no way they could "get it".  They are left to trust me that right now I am making decisions that are best for them based on the more "complete" knowledge I have and one day it will all make sense to them.  And, oh yeah...I love them like crazy.



The Amplified version says For now we are looking in a mirror that gives only a dim (blurred) reflection [of reality as in a riddle or enigma] 

If we can find peace with this verse, I think we can find peace in our lives.  I know things partially and imperfectly, but

God now knows me completely

and is making decisions for my life based on that complete knowledge.  And, oh yeah...He loves me like crazy.


1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.