Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Somewhere in the World

We've had some deep philosophical discussions around here lately and believe me, I haven't been the one to bring them up!

Today Avery declared that she wanted a husband.  I started asking her questions about what she thought her future husband would look like and be like.  

Do you think your husband is going to be tall or short?

Avery: Tall!
Amanda: Short.

Is your husband going to have black hair, blond, brown or red hair?

Avery: Black
Amanda:Blond

This went on and we got into what their husbands would be like.

Avery asked where her husband is.  I said, Well, he's a little boy right now growing up in another home.  He's maybe 5, 6 or 7 right now and living with his parents somewhere.  We might know him now or we might not.  We need to be praying for him that God would keep him and be with him.  Avery asked Why?  Well, you want him to love Jesus, right?

Avery said yes.

Then Amanda piped up and said, I don't.  I want my husband to steal.  And fight and bite.

Oh, that girl.  She certainly is an individual (and sometimes very obstinate) and I love that about her.  Don't think we'll have to worry too much about her with her peers. :)




Somewhere in the world today
A little girl will go out to play
All dressed up in mama's clothes
At least the way that I suppose it goes
Somewhere in the world tonight
Before she reaches to turn out the light
She'll be prayin' from a tender heart
A simple prayer that's a work of art

And I don't even know her name
But I'm prayin' for her just the same
That the Lord will write His name upon her heart
Cause somewhere in the course of this life
A little boy will need a godly wife
So hold on to Jesus, baby, wherever you are

Somewhere in the world out there
That little girl's learnin' how to care
She's pickin' up her mamas charms
Or maybe, swigin' around in her daddy's arms
Somewhere in the world to be
Through the future's not real clear to me
Theirs could be a tender love
Grounded in eternal love above


~Wayne Watson






5 comments:

  1. We talk about and pray for future spouses in our home as well. We've got two boys and a girl while you have two girls and a boy. Hmmmmm, do you believe in arranged marriages?! :)

    I love that poem you posted! Let's all keep praying for those future spouses that will join our families one day. And for now, we can enjoy our little munchkins while they are still small and think mommy and daddy are the best! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww....That is a cute video! I am surprised Avery and Amanda are thinking about boys at there age!!
    -kaleigh sharp

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's a great thing to pray for your future spouse and you just get to start them off really young!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I laughed out loud at what Amanda wants in a future husband.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amanda is my Olivia. Absolutely. I love it. Don't change a thing :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.