Friday, March 22, 2013

Give it Away

As Avery gets older, she is developing her own tastes in music.  Toby Mac is her current favorite.

He would be one of the last ones I would listen to, except that I really believe in trying to stay connected to my kids, to be "in the know" about the things they care about.  Reluctant at first, he has certainly grown on me as I've kept a (somewhat) open mind.

And sometimes I will even turn on his music when no one else is here.  :)

One of my very favorites is Steal My Show.

Love TobyMac's explanation of the song:

Dad is asking God to take his show and do something bigger with it than he ever could.....You have a life and you can take it and make it yours, or you can give it away and have God do something bigger with it than you could ever imagine.

And kind of with that, this gem of a quote I stumbled upon.


But my life means nothing to me. I only want to finish the race. I want to complete the work the Lord Jesus has given me. He wants me to give witness to others about the good news of God’s grace.
Acts 20:24


1 comment:

  1. He shared the story and and sang the song at the Newtown concert. Loved it!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.