Thursday, April 25, 2013

Florida, Part II

Day 2 started at 5:30 AM, where I met Sarah and Laryssa in the lobby, all dressed to run.  Scheduled into my training was an 8-mile run, so that's what we did.

I give big props to my SILs because, although its the norm for me, its not everyone's idea of a vacation to get up before the sun and hit the pavement.

As we neared the homestretch, we were treated to a beautiful sunrise.


After meeting up for breakfast, our four car carpool was off to Busch Gardens.  (Later Amanda declared, I like Busch Gardens better than Magic Kingdom.  Why's that?  Well, they have more rides and...they have bushes....).

 We split off into groups...there was the older group, the roller coaster group, the kiddie rides group and the middlers...Shaun and Amanda.
My group was quite happy to be together.  Jared pushed strollers and navigated so we didn't wander around aimlessly and Avery was happy to take charge of our agenda.









Aiden kept his distance from the large furry creatures.


These two = too cute






 At various points during the day we joined up.





"Grandpa John....do you want me to show you where the alligators are?"

"Nana, do you want me to show you the alligators?"  He did about five such tours.



















All the cousins on Shaun's side with Greats and Grands.
We completed the day with dinner at The Melting Pot...yum!

3 comments:

  1. What a fun day! I love the "middlers"! Although I think I'd pick your crew. :) And p.s. Nana and Grandpa John's matching outfits?? Too much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like such a fun day! How sweet is Jared?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Jared is too cute - what a GREAT smile! I think I would have been in the roller coaster group :)

    P.S. I'll bet if Aiden had been wearing his breastplate & had his sword he would have gotten closer to the big furry dudes!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.