Sunday, May 19, 2013

Project 365, Week 20

I spent this week in post-marathon mode.  I didn't work out the entire week and every morning when I woke up, I laid in bed a little extra.  I never slept in past six, and it was a wonderful break, though I will say extra sleep plus no exercise does NOT equal more energy.

My body recovered well and I was able to live a fairly normal life for the week.

May 12
I love how Superman and I are in step here.
After the race, we walked over to Providence Place Mall with Amy and her family to eat and play at Dave & Busters.  The guys took the the nine kids to the game room while Amy, Renna and I sat and talked (and drank water!)
 Our May family pic.  SO very grateful to be the mom of this household...such an honor and a sacred position.
 May 13
A rare few moments at home while Shaun and I attended to some things.  Love watching these three be together.
 May 14
While waiting to meet Shaun, I figured I'd get started on the lawn mowing.  All you have to do is pull the thingy a couple times, right?  After watching me pull five or so times, Aiden said, Mom, you have to press this button.  Oh.  It fired right up...he's handy to have around.  :)
 May 15
Crazy cold baseball game, but we got some snuggles.
 As the game was ending we enjoyed a beautiful sunset!
 May 16
Sweet school girl who doesn't waste time getting on her bike.
After being out of town at one of our properties, we came in and found something very wrong.  We walked down our street to join an enormous crowd of people watching shooting flames coming out of the roof of a church in town.

This church is 100 years old and so much of it is irreplaceable.  It was so, so sad to watch, especially since it is the church associated with the girls' school.  Heartbreaking.
 May 17
The next day there was still school, though it was a little difficult to drop them off.













(The church is on the left, the school is the short building on the right).  I cried as I walked away, knowing my girls were fine, but also being struck with the reminder that nothing is guaranteed....life can change in an instant.
 ...pick up.
 May 18
I taught Aiden's class at church.  At the end during play time, he really wanted to make me a princess potato head, but a girl was hoarding all the pieces.  Finally, right at the end, after she'd moved onto another activity, he presented me with the princess potato head.  SO sweet!




1 comment:

  1. That Aiden is the best :) We had a mower like that years ago & I could never start it - I'd push the button & pull & pull. Ugh. I'm glad the one we have now just requires one pretty easy pull.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.