Monday, May 13, 2013

I Did It!

I'm not even sure where to begin to process the marathon.  

Initial thoughts?  It was SO much harder than I had anticipated and envisioned!  I can't imagine doing it again yet the thought is slowly creeping in....I can't imagine doing anything BUT.

Could not have done it without the support of my family and friends!  I knew there were so many people praying for me, rooting for me, believing in me, loving me....SO humbling and heart-warming and inspiring.

Shaun and the kids especially were just incredible!  They rolled out of bed at 5 AM so we could drive the hour+ to Providence.  I got dropped off so I could pick up my race packet, use the bathroom one final time, tie my shoes, get mentally prepared, etc.

I met back up with them just before heading to the starting line and they managed to find me AT the starting line for a final smile and wave.  Throughout the race, Shaun was able to feed the kids breakfast, maneuver the race course based on my pace and closed roads and hard-to-get-to bike trails, and then be back in position at the finish line.

They were lined up along the course, holding their signs four separate times and there were also a couple times they drove by, heads out the window screaming.  (Shaun actually went to Michaels ahead of time and got poster board so they could make a big sign....SO sweet!)

Then at the finish, my sister Amy and her family had joined up and were there with smiles and hugs and tears and cameras.

My heart was raw and full.

For this momma, breakfast in bed on Mother's Day sounds a bit tortuous, but running for 4:39 on a beautiful day, on a beautiful course, knowing I have the love of a large, beautiful family supporting me?  Priceless!

Here's some pictures from the day...more to come on the race itself.




















 I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.

II Timothy 4:7


11 comments:

  1. This made me cry :)
    Awesome job! I LOVE the fact that Shaun and the kids were able to see you multiple times and cheer you on. And posters? Precious and thoughtful!
    Looking forward to hearing the nitty gritty details about the run!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the passage on your arm. You are amazing and I am proud of you. Again, can't imagine the training you did to get to this point. What a great accomplishment. I loved all the pictures and great signs too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so proud of you!!!! and my heart just swells at the love and support that your family provides...truly so blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. AMAZING!!! Seriously, so proud of you! Can't wait to hear all about it! P.S. Please tell me you slept in a little today??!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You CAN do anything! You ARE strong!! Congratulations Lisa! You are an amazing, amazing woman; a beautiful role model for more than just your kiddos. ;) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVED your tattoo! Hadn't read it yesterday. WAY TO GO!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it!! Congratulations, Lisa! What a tremendous accomplishment! Nothing like it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woo hoo! You were (and are) fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You ROCK! Wish I had a quarter of the strength, discipline, determination, will power and faith that you had to make it through! Loved the passage on your arm, what a great way to keep going when it would get rough!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.