Monday, May 6, 2013

House Project {Week 5}

We are still plugging away on the house, seven days a week.  Its fun knowing progress is being made!

More ceilings and walls are being taken apart to get to plumbing.  Nearly all the plumbing in the entire place has had to be replaced, but we are sure to not have to call Roto Rooter during the time we live there!  :)
 This is the plumber, doing his thing.  Shaun is able to work right along side him to optimize his time.

 Aiden is our ever-present help...he REALLY likes to work.
 I spent some time looking at flooring options.  SOOO many choices but the engineered material is truly amazing.
 Always rolling around paint options in my head, too.
 The birds have found the feeder outside my kitchen window.

Speaking of kitchen window, my new faucet got installed!  This one's handle doesn't break off when you turn it on.  Looks like the enormous, one bin sink is staying.  I've never used a one bin, so we'll see...



 Much of the house needs to be painted.  I am slowly tackling the scraping of the side of the garage before I put my plants in.
 We went to pickup appliances we'd ordered and to look at more...our friend Eric is in the business and has been a huge help.

 Among the dead appliances at our current house was the dishwasher...now I have one that cleans dishes!
See that L-wall there that is the perfect place to tuck a refrigerator into?  I wanted it down because it cut off too much of the kitchen.

Better, yes?

 Aiden and I trekked to the dump.  Aiden begged me to ask the dump guy if he could get out of the truck, even though there is a sign clearly posted that says you have to be twelve.  He got the OK and was ecstatic to be able to help me unload.
 The machinery was also quite fascinating.

  Sunday:  Home Depot trip #1
 Trip #2
Trip #3
My lilac bush by the driveway is doing its thing!
 Working on the laundry area.  This project got moved up on the priority list because my current washer is just about useless.  Two of the plastic paddle things are completely busted off, the other is cracked and flaps.

Turns out, the agitation portion of the laundry cycle is a key part to achieving clean clothes.


 
 Our first dinner cooked at the new house...cheeseburgers, chips and strawberries eaten on paper towels. :)

 Z is all about power tools.

 Just about ready to add the washer/dryer.
My sister stopped by and thought it was hilarious that the dumb dog was living at the new place.  Yes, he moved in weeks ago and is no longer shedding here!  Which is a good thing because I'm not cleaning here nearly as often.  

It was telling to me this morning when Aiden, over his cereal, asked if I would please clean his room because it was kind of messy.  Oops!
Avery has her heart set on this.  These are more or less the colors she'd chosen, but when she saw it all put together like this, she was sold.
 I'm loving the rustic dining table look, but Shaun is not so easily convinced.  In fact, its one of the few things he's really set against.
 This green is surprisingly appealing to me.  It just looks so fresh and springy.
 How COOL is this sink?!?  Those rocks are amazing.

5 comments:

  1. Lisa- I really look forward to your weekly pictures of the new home. Love to watch the transformations being done. My dishwasher makes the dishes worse than when you first put them in. Don't use it anymore. And how funny, I have one flap left on my machine. Told Joel I think it is time to move and get some things that work. Enjoy - I know you will be thrilled when everything is completed. How long will this all take for you??? Or can you live in it when it is partially done :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been looking forward to this post all day :) So fun to see the progress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The wall down in the kitchen is AMAZING!!! And tell Avery I LOVE her room. I'm going to ask my friend to text me a picture of her DR table. I think it's a happy medium for you and Shaun. And it's huge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know that appliance salesman! :) Looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I enjoyed the images more than your project. The kids took beautiful place to make the whole project beautiful as like them. An expert engineer can make your desired work to make your home beautiful. I wanted to get my kitchen renovation but before that I have to get boiler replacement for my kitchen. Hope to have good one.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.