Sunday, October 6, 2013

Project 365, Week 40

Our weather was...divine!!  Amanda says, Mom, you always say the day is perfect! but really....the colors, the temperatures, the sky...just about, well...perfect!

I have a lot of Aiden pictures this week.  We are together all day long while the big kids are at school, so it kind of stands to reason.  We have SO much fun together!  He's an incredible kid, easy-going and a joy to be around.

When you're done with the post, you'll wonder if I posted every picture I took this week.  The answer is no....not even close.  :)

September 29
Sunday afternoon football!  First they play, and then they watch.  I gave R the option to play football with the guys or run with me.  He chose football and did really well.  I'm trying to convince him that he would love to run the Thanksgiving Day Road Race with us this year.  :)


 September 30
We just never know when our mighty warrior will appear.


 October 1
School on the big rock...just too nice out!
 October 2
Mighty warrior, this time his feet are shod with...froggy boots!






 October 2
The kids rarely eat breakfast together during the week.




Naptime.  I heard some rustling around, so at one point I went in to make sure he was sleeping.  Clearly, he'd been busy.
This happened overnight, so I took the kids through the car wash after school (Avery stayed after school for drama practice...I know....so grown up!)
Everything Most things are better with kids.  :)

October 3
Avery's in third grade so that means its recorder year.  UGH!  Its worse than I had imagined.  I took a turn and banged out a flawless Mary Had a Little Lamb.  The kids were blown away...totally impressed.  :)

 October 4
Its so fun to drive around these days. So pretty!!

October 5
Mom, come find us!

It was a combination of the giggling and squirming that gave it away. :)  Then they wanted to do silly faces.  Sneeze faces are the silliest of all....
 ...and always a big grin after.  :)

 Soccer is going well!  Parent bragging moment:  Aiden played in his very first game ever and scored THREE goals!  No less than three times, when we talked about his goals he said, Luke helped me get the goal or My teammates helped me score...they kicked the ball up the field and then I could score.  Wow!!  So proud of that attitude.  He played offense when it was called for but was happy to set up to block the ball on defense, too.



At lunch, we watched a live stream of Pillars of Fire coming from Austria.  Brent is doing the show again today (8 AM EST), here's the link if you want to take a peek: http://jesuszentrum.lightcast.com
 The 4th was Z's birthday and the kids (Avery) asked if we could see him.  I texted his mom and she didn't even hesitate to say, yes you can take him!  We picked him up, brought him to church, went to his favorite restaurant and brought him back home.

Bittersweet is the best way to describe seeing him.  It was so good to see him and hug him and know that he is ok but it also made us miss him.

He seems to be doing well.  The apartment they are in is adequate, he seemed mostly his usual self, just a little reserved, but clearly grateful for the contact.  He's doing well in school.  His mom gave me a 5x7 of his 6th grade school picture, which I thought was really sweet.  It was a good night.
 This was our motley crew for the evening.  R and Z and a friend.....good stuff.

1 comment:

  1. Somehow I totally missed out on learning the recorder. I wonder if my parents had something to do with that? Ha!

    Love that you got to take Z out for his birthday.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.