Thursday, October 24, 2013

Sometimes We Have to Make a Choys

The guys played football on Sunday and there was a record number of participants....18!  Because there were so many, this touch football game got pretty physical.  During a clean play that R was involved in, someone went down with what was later determined to be a broken leg x2.

The kids made get well cards.  :)

 Get better Michael.  I am so sorry for you.  I hope you get better soon.  I no (know) sometimes we have to make a choys (choice) and won (one) time I had to get 10 stitches.  by R's sister.  :)

*
Shaun and I were talking and Aiden came in and crawled on my lap.

Me: Oh, finally I get a hug!  I tried to get one from you before but you were too into your show.
Daddy: Aiden, TV is never more important than giving momma hugs.  If it becomes too important then we'll just throw the TV in the garbage.
Aiden: (after a few seconds of pondering) Well then Dad, how would you watch the Red Sox?

*
Amanda and I on the way home from school, I was asking her about her day.

We read a story about a basketball player.  Mom, who's a really good basketball player?
I named a couple, none of them ringing a bell to her.
Mom, he's really tall and has big muscles...I think he's like 6 feet or something.
(laughing) Amanda, that's most of them!
Oh, what's his name.... Michael!  Michael, Michael....Jackson!  
Michael Jordan??
Yes!!
Michael Jordan.

And then she went on to tell me about how he wasn't too good at first and his brother could always beat him, etc.  I didn't investigate whether its true or not...she's a fairly unreliable source of information.  Unless its a family secret.  She's got those stories down really well....and still, at almost seven, shares freely.  :)

Names escape her and I think its hilarious.  She has immediate family down cold, unless its a foster kid we've had for less than six months, but most other names come and go.  Often, when she's talking about someone in her class we have to play this guessing game with her.

*
Aiden: Mom, did you know that an octopus can change color to hide from its predator?

We've also had multiple discussions about the Red Coats....yes, as in the British.  He also asks me questions like what are pistons on trains?

Seriously??  I figure I have about another year before he knows more than I do.

Actually, this morning he excitedly found me in doing laundry. Mom!  I know something you never knew before!  The squirrel eats the helicopters, too!!  Come see!

When "E" was our letter of the week: (pointing to the alarm clock) Mom, do you see this number??  Well, its a "4" now, but it was an "E".  :)

Me: Aiden, I like your hat.
Aiden: You like Nike?
Me: (shrugging) Umm, sure.
Aiden: Well, MY favorite team is the Patriots.

*
Aiden, during a prayer over our lunch: And God, right now I just pray for Zacheus.  He really needs help....he's a poor man and needs money.  God, please help him and God, I will give him some of my money.

*
Avery: Mom, we were in our reading groups today and we were talking about TV.  S said her cousin only watches a half hour of TV a day.  Can you believe that? Do you think that's a lot or a little?  That's like 30 minutes everyday!  Do you think she really watches it EVEY day??

Yes, honey girl, there are people who turn on the TV EVERYday.



I cherish these young years so very much.

2 comments:

  1. I love all of these, but oh my word praying for Zacheus... that is just too too cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I love this!!!!! Too funny!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.