Sunday, October 20, 2013

Project 365, Week 42

Traditionally, October has not been my favorite month of the year.  The first two weeks are nice, but the day after Columbus Day is kind of the unofficial beginning of winter to me....not warm enough to be of any good. 

But this year has been glorious!

Life is full and God is faithful.  So blessed!

October 13
I spent part of the day in a beautiful park doing family photo shoots.  So, so pretty around here!
 Shaun and the kids were busily setting up the set for Lost in Vegas, kicking off a month of craziness for Shaun.  We're doing four shows, two here and two in Ohio.  Exciting!!
 October 14
Columbus Day tradition, Buell's Orchard.  Always fun to have the cousins together, both on my side....
 ....and Shaun's.
 I sat through the required parent portion of Driver's Ed with R and learned about all the common sense restrictions that he'll have for the first six months and one year of holding his license.  I also cried through the entire video about organ donation.

(Those aren't our sugary drinks, in case you're wondering....I had my water bottle and green tea next to me :)

This teenage thing is new to me so maybe that's why I was a bit shocked when the instructor asked, of the eight kids, how many have a job and ONE raised his hand.  One out of eight have a job, yet are presumably just about to get a car that has to be registered, that will need to have insurance and gas and will be charged tax.

What am I missing??
October 15
I had a photo shoot close to my dad's house so I dropped the kids there.  He lives on a busy road and there isn't much visibility from his driveway so he always goes out to the end and waves me through when its clear.  So sweet.
 As always, the kids were so happy to see me when I returned.
October 16
I didn't get any pictures, but thankfully Aiden was on it.
October 17
Kiki sent me this picture of Aiden and Pop doing their service at the nursing home, "doing the Lord's work".
Picture from earlier in the week because I didn't even think to take one of my mom.  She stopped by to say goodbye because they are relocating to North Carolina, accomplishing their dream to be in a warmer climate.

Praying they find a neighborhood, church, etc that is suited just right for them.
My little ladies, writing a report about birds, just for fun.
October 18
I took my boy clothes shopping for homecoming next week at his old school.  Its kind of fun because he does. not. care, so I get to pick.  :)  He's trying to find a picture of his date's dress.
October 19
Soccer for my other boy.  Highlights: four goals, pulled out of his goal twice for defending it (not allowed at this age), and used a pull back kick during the game in a perfect situation.  He's a natural, I tell you.  :)

As we were leaving, he walked up to his coach and very grown up said, Coach, Coach.  If you need me later this afternoon I will be unavailable.  I'm going on a hike with the Rangers.

And indeed he did.  Since Uncle Nathan is a commander with the Royal Rangers at church Aiden was invited to go along.  He was BIG stuff!

photo credit: Uncle Nathan

My sister sent me this hilarious picture....the girls got to have cousin time in between rehearsal and church.  :)


Enjoy your week and all the incredible possibilities in it.  Blessings are everywhere when you take the time to see.

2 comments:

  1. Ooh ooh ooh - WHERE in Ohio? Maybe it will be near me & at a time that I can drop by :)

    Sorry your mom is moving away. There are a lot of great places in NC (& I say that not just because I'm FROM there - ha!).

    Must be surreal to get plopped right into teenage land!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never mind - through the beauty of the google I found the Ohio shows. And they're only an hour from where I live! BUT our diocesan convention is that weekend in Cincinnati & I think I'm a delegate. If I'm not then I'll see if I can get tickets to the show :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.