Monday, December 30, 2019

Project 365, Week 51

This week was a mix of excitement in getting ready for Christmas, lots of work trying to wind down the calendar year and prepare for the new tax season, and continued tension at home that finally broke very late in the week. 

December 16
We went to Cabela's for the first time. It was fun to explore and we checked off some of the Christmas list.


December 17
The kids had a snow day...Amanda sent us this picture while we were at work, showing us that she'd played with the dog and gotten some other things done. :)


A friend hosted a small dinner party. Her young son, all on his own, made us all place cards. So sweet! It was lovely celebrating the year with my girls.


December 18
So very cold, so very pretty.



December 19

Best Dad Ever bought Star Wars tickets weeks in advance for opening night and surprised the kids. They were a happy bunch. :)


December 20
Last day of school before Christmas vacation. I thought it should be a half day of school so I picked all the kids up early. Not pictured was a three-social worker, three-hour meeting in our living room working through tough stuff. Amanda had a birthday party and the girls got ready for their youth group party. Before the girls used my bathroom, I wish I'd thought to erase the message I wrote to Shaun on the mirror All I want for Christmas is you, emphasis on I want you. Oops!




Sarah is literally an answer to prayer...so many times I asked God to connect her with just one friend who she could do these teen years with. Sarah is more than I prayed for...we're so thankful for her.




My neighbor hosted a party for the moms in our neighborhood. They are such a great group of ladies and I enjoy time with them, even though I don't fit in perfectly.



December 21
Maddy was so sweet to take the girls to brunch. What's better than having a group of teens hanging in your living room?


Sienna brought her kids + ingredients over to make the traditional Christmas cookies. Alayna and Gavin were the most committed to the process, though everyone was interested when eating time came. ;)







December 22
Christmas I at Sarah and Tony's new house.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.